As a company whose remit is to enable successful trade, our biggest corporate responsibility is an economic one. Trade is essential for the world’s economic development.
Trade allows companies to grow, thereby creating employment and reducing poverty. However, we also believe that enabling trade in itself is not enough. We seek to manage risk for our customers in a transparent and ethical way while supporting the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact (UNCG).
Our commitment to the UN Global Compact
We support the ten principles of United Nations Global Compact on human rights, labour conditions, the environment and anti-corruption. Every year we report to the UN Global Compact on our continued commitment and the progress we are making in all areas of corporate responsibility.
Making a positive difference with our Corporate Responsibility Strategy
Corporate responsibility is embedded into our business strategy, culture and day-to-day operations. We have used input from our stakeholders to define what our most material issues are. This input is plotted in our Materiality Matrix.
Atradius’ commitment to behave ethically incorporates social, environmental and financial prosperity. The contribution we make is meant to help strengthen social welfare and build a better environment.
For 2017 we aim to:
- report externally on the most applicable UNGC principles
- achieve GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) reporting with B application level
- complete internal auditing of our corporate responsibility reporting
For 2019 we aim to:
- report externally on all UNGC principles
- achieve GRI reporting with A+ application level
- complete external auditor’s monitoring of our corporate responsibility reporting